Generating PDF artefacts of the website
How to generate PDF of the different tutorials and slides?
time Time estimation: 10 minutesSupporting Materials
The website with the training material can be run locally. Sometimes, it is also interesting to freeze the tutorials or to get PDFs of the tutorials.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to run a local instance of the GTN website:
Generate PDFs artifact
To generate the PDFs, a command
make pdf is given. This command:
- Launches a detached Jekyll server to serve the website
- Generates the PDFs of the tutorials by calling Chrome via command line
- Generates the PDFs of the slide decks by calling decktape
hands_on Hands-on: Checking the website generation locally
keypoints Key points
PDFs can be easily generated for the different tutorials to share with learnees or to keep a fixed version of a tutorial
congratulations Congratulations on successfully completing this tutorial!
Developing GTN training materialThis tutorial is part of a series to develop GTN training material, feel free to also look at:
- Overview of the Galaxy Training Material
- Contributing with GitHub via command-line
- Contributing with GitHub via its interface
- Creating a new tutorial
- Creating a new tutorial - Creating Interactive Galaxy Tours
- Creating a new tutorial - Defining the technical infrastructure
- Creating a new tutorial - Slides
- Creating a new tutorial - Writing content in Markdown
- Generating PDF artefacts of the website
- Including a new topic
- Running the Galaxy Training material website locally
feedback Give us even more feedback on this content!
To give us more detailed feedback about these materials, please take a moment to fill in the extended Feedback Form.