Understanding walltime error messages
The full error message will be reported as below, and can be found by clicking on the bug icon for a failed job run (red dataset):
job info: This job was terminated because it ran longer than the maximum allowed job run time. Please click the bug icon to report this problem if you need help.
job stderr: slurmstepd: error: *** JOB XXXX ON XXXX CANCELLED AT 2019-XX-XXTXX:XX:XX DUE TO TIME LIMIT *** job info: Remote job server indicated a problem running or monitoring this job.
- The job execution time exceeded the “wall-time” on the cluster node that ran the job.
- The server may be undergoing maintenance.
- Very often input problems also cause this same error.
- Try at least one rerun.
- Check the server homepage for banners or notices. Selected servers also post status here.
- Review the Solutions section of the Understanding input error messages FAQ.
- Your data may actually be too large to process at a public Galaxy server. Alternatives include setting up a private Galaxy server.