Understanding job statuses
Job statuses will help you understand the stages of your work.
The following job statuses will help you better understand the working stage of the process.
- Green: The job was completed successfully.
- Yellow: The job is executing. Allow this to complete! Should they run longer, they will fail with a “wall-time” error and turn red.
- Grey: The job is being evaluated to run (new dataset) or is queued. Allow this to complete.
- Red: The job has failed.
- Light Blue: The job is paused. This indicates either an input has a problem or that you have exceeded the disk quota set by the administrator of the Galaxy instance you are working on.
- Grey, Yellow, Grey again: The job is waiting to run due to admin re-run or an automatic fail-over to a longer-running cluster.
- Bright blue with moving arrow: May be found in earlier Galaxy versions. Applies to the “Get Data → Upload File” tool only - the upload job is queuing or running.
It is essential to allow queued jobs to remain queued and not delete/re-run them.