How to find and correct tool errors related to Metadata?
Tools can error when the wrong dataset attributes (metadata) are assigned. Some of these wrong assignments may be:
- Tool outputs, which are automatically assigned without user action.
- Incorrect autodetection of datatypes, which need manual modification.
- Undetected attributes, which require user action (example: assigning database to newly uploaded data).
How to notice missing Dataset Metadata:
- Dataset will not be downloaded when using the disk icon galaxy-save.
- Tools error when using a previously successfully used specific dataset.
- Tools error with a message that ends with:
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory.
Click on the dataset’s pencil icon galaxy-pencil to reach the Edit Attributes forms and do one of the following as applies:
- Directly reset metadata
- Find the tab for the metadata you want to change, make the change, and save.
- Autodetect metadata
- Click on the Auto-detect button. The dataset will turn yellow in the history while the job is processing.