Directly obtaining UCSC sourced *genome* identifiers
- Go to UCSC Genome Browser, navigate to “genomes”, then the species of interest.
- On the home page for the genome build, immediately under the top navigation box, in the blue bar next to the full genome build name, you will find View sequences button.
- Click on the View sequences button and it will take you to a detail page with a table listing out the contents.
- Use the tool Get Data -> UCSC Main.
- In the Table Browser, choose the target genome and build.
- For “group” choose the last option “All Tables”.
- For “table” choose “chromInfo”.
- Leave all other options at default and send the output to Galaxy.
- This new dataset will load as a tabular dataset into your history.
- It will list out the contents of the genome build, including the chromosome identifiers (in the first column).