How can I reduce quota usage while still retaining prior work (data, tools, methods)?
- Download Datasets as individual files or entire Histories as an archive. Then purge them from the public server.
- Transfer/Move Datasets or Histories to another Galaxy server, including your own Galaxy. Then purge.
- Copy your most important Datasets into a new/other History (inputs, results), then purge the original full History.
- Extract a Workflow from the History, then purge it.
- Back-up your work. It is a best practice to download an archive of your FULL original Histories periodically, even those still in use, as a backup.
Resources Much discussion about all of the above options can be found at the Galaxy Help forum.